Submission Mentorship Program has Completed
The submission mentorship program for ML4H 2022 is now closed. We would like to thank the following mentors for their excellent work and and all of their efforts:
- Haohan Wang (Carnegie Mellon University / University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign)
- Changjian Shui (McGill University, Mila)
- Min Lee (Singapore Management University)
- Jan Witowski (NYU Grossman School of Medicine)
- Vivek Natarajan (Google Health AI)
- Aakanksha Rana (MIT/ICAD)
- Sri Harsha Dumpala (Dalhousie University and Vector Institute)
- Viet Huynh (Monash University)
- Aaqib Saeed (Philips Research)
- Ramya Srinivasan (Fujitsu Research)
- Sharmita Dey (University of Goettingen)
- Nimshi Venkat (Abridge AI Inc.)
- Douglas Teodoro (University of Geneva)
- Md Abdullah Al Hafiz Khan (Kennesaw State University)
- Zichen Wang (Amazon)
- Md. Sabbir Ahmed (North South University, Bangladesh)
- Raquel Marasigan (University of Asia and Pacific)
- Abdullah-Al-Zubaer Imran (Stanford University)
- Vishwali Mhasawade (New York University)
- Surya Narayanan Hari (Dana Farber Cancer Institute / Caltech)
- Mehul Motani (National University of Singapore)
- Neil Tenenholtz (Microsoft Research)
- Aaqib Saeed (Philips Research)
- Avisha Das (University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston)
- Romane Gauriau (EQRx)
- Malarvizhi Sankaranarayanasamy (Hitachi America R&D)
- Zahra Ahmadi (Leibniz University Hannover)
- Asra Aslam (mindtrace.ai, UK (Machine Learning Researcher) and NUI Galway, Ireland (PhD Completed))
- Olufunke Rebecca Vincent (Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta)
- Akshat Kishore Moharir (Amtrak)
- Annika Schoene (University of Manchester)
- Islem Rekik (BASIRA Lab (http://basira-lab.com/))
- Niharika S. D'Souza (IBM Research)
- Satyapriya Krishna (Harvard University)
- Liz Chin (Johns Hopkins University)
- Gbenga (University of Swaziland)
- Mohamed Sidahmed (Shell)
- Ruchi Mittal (Iconic Data Japan)
- Imon Banerjee (Mayo Clinic Arizona)
The Submission Mentorship Program focuses on pairing less experienced authors with senior researchers to provide feedback on their paper submission, with the overall goal of improving submission quality and fostering future collaboration. The pairing process will be performed based on common research interests between the mentor and mentees.
Note that mentors will not discuss possible paper ideas with the mentees, and hence, mentees who do not already have a paper idea should not participate in this program. Further, authors who do not intend to submit a paper to ML4H2022 should not participate in this program.
We especially encourage less experienced authors and participants from underrepresented groups to sign up as mentees, as well as senior community members to serve as mentors for these programs. This program involves two months of mentorship. Mentees will receive mentorship throughout various stages of their work, with mentors giving feedback/suggestions for improvement on aspects such as (1) the direction of the design; (2) models and experiments; (3) results analysis; (4) presentation/organization of the final paper they plan to submit to ML4H 2022.
Mentors and mentees who are interested should fill in the corresponding application form below by July 3rd AoE.
Mentees and mentors are encouraged to have bi-weekly one-hour meetings to discuss the paper's progress, i.e., the mentors and mentees will have approximately four one-hour meetings over eight weeks.
- July 3-4: Details about mentee-mentor pair-ups are sent out.
- July 4-8: Mentees are expected to initiate contact with their mentor and arrange an initial meeting. In this meeting, the mentees should discuss the paper’s idea and outline with the mentors as well as the plan (dates, format, expectations, etc) for their bi-weekly meetings.
- July 8 - Sep 1: The mentors and mentees will meet on a bi-weekly basis to work on the paper. After each meeting, the mentees are expected to incorporate the mentors’ feedback and send an updated draft of the paper to the mentors.
- Sept 1th: ML4H Submission deadline.
Mentors and mentees will be matched at random based on your shared research areas. The matching process between mentors and mentees will start July 3rd - 4th.
- Application form for mentees: https://forms.gle/Cm7aXPhBbM1by3yB8
- Application form for mentors: https://forms.gle/Hfz1ELtdHDmFZ5Ak8
Mentors and mentees must fill in the corresponding application form by July 3rd AoE.
Please feel free to contact Ghada, email@example.com